Avon and Somerset Local Resilience Forum publish revised Community Risk Register (6th April 2011)
The Avon and Somerset Local Resilience Forum (ASLRF) is a local body, part of whose work is to ensure that events or situations which threaten serious damage to the people of Avon and Somerset or to the environment are identified and, where possible controlled or mitigated against.
To do this, ASLRF has created a Community Risk Register (CRR) that shows the risks that have been identified and assesses each risks impact and likelihood. It shows them in a matrix that allocates a risk rating in line with Government guidelines. The publication of the CRR also fulfils an obligation under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
The CRR provides:
• Reassurance to the community that an assessment of potential risks is being carried out;
• An understanding for local responders of the risks the community faces and a basis against which they can assess the adequacy of their plans;
• A foundation for planning for capability development and for exercising;
• A basis for prioritising objectives, work programmes and the allocation of resources;
• Facilitation for joined up planning, based on common planning assumptions;
• An accessible overview of planning priorities for the public and for local responders;
• An opportunity for local responders to reflect on national risk assessments that support capability development at that level.
Further information on risk and risk assessment can be found on the UK Resilience website.